I have been eating a lot of King Oyster mushrooms lately. I like different kinds of mushrooms and King Oyster mushrooms are one of my favorite because they have a chewy texture.
The mushroom is mainly a giant stem. I have used these mushrooms in various dishes such as noodle soup, sauteed with other types of mushrooms, and also stir-fried.
Here is a simple recipe of broccoli and king oyster mushroom stir-fry.
2 broccoli crowns
2 large pieces of king oyster mushroom
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 clove of garlic
1. Cut broccoli to desired size.
2. Cut mushrooms to desired size. I usually cut them length-wise, so that they are about 2 inches in length and quarter of an inch wide.
3. Chop garlic finely. Put the garlic and oil in a wok or frying pan.
4. Turn the stove on medium high to high heat.
5. After the oil is heated, put in the broccoli and mushrooms.
6. Stir-fry the vegetables, until broccoli is almost thoroughly cooked. Then add in the oyster sauce.
7. Stir the sauce and mix it thoroughly with the vegetables until vegetables are cooked.