With summer on its way and so many fruits on sale, I’m always looking for new baking recipes to incorporate all the fresh fruit I have in my house. Recently, I came across a recipe for fresh mango bread. It sounded delicious! I love cake breads and I love mango. So I decided to try it out.
I used a recipe I found submitted by Grace Lynn on recipe zaar. The original recipe can be found here.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs with oil and add to flour mixture.
- Add mangos, lemon juice and raisins.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 2 greased 8×4 loaf pans.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Conclusion/thoughts: The recipe was pretty easy to follow. In the end, I did not really enjoy this recipe. It was a little on the dry side. You can’t taste the mango in the bread except for when you get one of the mango pieces. Also, the recipe I made was not enough batter to fill two loaf pans, even though the recipe indicated I would need two. It was really only enough batter for one. And when you slice the bread, some of the slices had lots of the mango threads, making it not very aesthetically appealing. I think I will try another recipe next time.