Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tapioca Express- Crispy chicken

Tapioca Express
7770 Regents Rd
San Diego, CA 92122

(858) 597-0088
www.tapiocaexpress.com

It's been a while since I've had the crispy chicken at Tapioca Express.  You can view my previous post on Tapioca Express here.  So Boyfriend and I got some this weekend.  If you get the meal during lunch, it's a bit cheaper and comes with a black or green tea which you can upgrade to another drink and pay the difference. Tapioca Express offers other lunch specials, but my favorite is still the crispy chicken.

The meal comes with rice, some vegetables and one fried dumpling.  I love the crispy chicken.  I don't know what it is about it that makes it addicting.  Some people fondly call it "crack chicken."  The one thing that can be a bit annoying is that they are not always consistent with the spiciness level.  You can order mild, medium or hot.  I usually go with medium.  Sometimes medium is on the mild side, sometimes it's just right and sometimes it's a bit too spicy.

Normally I get a matcha snow bubble with my food, but today I decided to go with the classic milk tea with boba. (I apologize for the background!)

The meal is pretty filling and comes to a bit less than $7 with drink.

6 Responses to “Tapioca Express- Crispy chicken”

Carol — June 16, 2009 @ 11:02 am

The crispy chicken looks good! That’s not too far from work, I’ll have to try it.
    Is that a new banner or have I just been a bone head an not noticed it until now? Either way, I like it!

Kirbie — June 16, 2009 @ 11:20 am

The banner is fairly new, about 2 weeks old. =) Thanks for noticing! I was sick of the old one and the dark colors. I asked Boyfriend to design a more appetizing looking one with some of my favorite photos.

Carol — June 16, 2009 @ 5:39 pm

Boyfriend did an excellent job!

Kirbie — June 17, 2009 @ 9:25 am

Thanks Carol! Boyfriend was very pleased to hear you liked what he did. =)

Cathy — August 26, 2009 @ 5:28 pm

It’s those little pieces of fried basil that come with the chicken that are addictive…
    I end up asking for mild lately, then I know I will get fried chicken and maybe some spice…also, I can’t decide and so I get coffee milk tea. :)

Kirbie — August 27, 2009 @ 5:37 pm

You know I never thought about it, but you’re right! The basil is addicting. I’m not usually much of a basil lover, but something about that fried basil…