Cheese Beer Bread
I came across this very simple 4 ingredient Beer Bread with Cheese recipe from Almost Bourdain. I had some cheddar cheese I needed to get rid of and the recipe looked so simple and the bread looked so beautiful, that I really wanted to try it out.
The original recipe called for sunflower seeds, which I didn't have any of, so I omitted it from the recipe. The bread was one of the easiest baked items I have ever made. It came out pretty tasty. I especially love how the cheddar cheese on top turns into a crust for the bread.
I had to do a couple of measurement conversions. Here is the modified recipe I used:
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 can of beer
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease and line a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Combined flour, sugar and 1 tsp salt in a bowl. Add beer and stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture into pan and sprinkle top with cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when base is tapped.