Friday, October 2, 2009

Cotixan Mexican & Seafood
4370 Genessee Ave
San Diego, CA 92117
(858) 571-8843
www.gotburritos.com

Menu_side01Menu_side02

I had a craving for Mexican food the other night, so Boyfriend and I stopped by Cotixan.  We used to come to Cotixan all the time when I was in school.  It was the perfect place to satisfy late night munchies with its conveniently open 24 hour location.  The prices were cheaper then too.  Now the prices have steadily gone up.  It no longer seems so cheap.  Usually my mexican food cravings are satisfied during work hours at the local taco shops nearby, which offer huge portions and cheaper prices.  Cotixan still tastes good, I just wish it hadn't gone up in price.

My favorite items to get here are the carne asada burrito and the nachos supreme.  I really enjoy the carne asada here.  Some places make it too salty.

The burrito is very filling, and has a good amount of salsa and guacamole.

The nachos are good too.  Best shared with someone else.  Tons of salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, chunks of carne asada, and bean paste.  Not very healthy, but oh so good!  You can read my previous quick post on Cotixan Nachos here.

9 Responses to “Cotixan Mexican & Seafood”

Carol — October 2, 2009 @ 12:39 pm

Hey Kirbie! I’ve been to the Mira Mesa/Sorrento Valley location and I thought the nachos were decent there. I’ll have to try the carne asada burrito.

sawyer — October 4, 2009 @ 7:02 pm

cotis! part of the ucsd trinity along w/ robertos and sergios =p always enjoyed their hot carrots and green sauce….i didn’t like their nachos too much, but that picture makes me want some. they had some good rice and beans too

gaga — October 5, 2009 @ 5:44 am

OMG I miss San Diego Mexican. Everytime I go down to visit, I always make sure at least one meal is Mexican. This post makes me drool :)

Kirbie — October 5, 2009 @ 8:57 pm

I’ve never been to the Mira Mesa location. I wonder if it tastes the same.

Kirbie — October 5, 2009 @ 9:01 pm

I never went to sergios before..but I definitely paid a lot of visits to cotixan and robertos during ucsd days ;-)

Kirbie — October 5, 2009 @ 9:02 pm

San Diego does have some great Mexican food. I forget how lucky we are to have it here.

Mark — October 8, 2009 @ 3:17 pm

You have to try the Ceasar Burrito there. They make the best in town. You wont be disappointed.
    Mark

Kirbie — October 8, 2009 @ 5:10 pm

I’ve never heard of or tried a Ceasar Burrito. I’ll try it next time!

Super Sergio’s Mexican Food | Kirbie Cravings — October 20, 2010 @ 3:27 pm

[...] been having a craving for fast food mexican lately. My old "go to" spot used to be Cotixan on Genessee Avenue, but the prices keep getting higher. I've been trying to find some new [...]