Pecan Russian Tea Cakes
While I enjoyed making Russian Tea Cakes with Christmas sprinkles, I also wanted to make the traditional Russian Tea Cakes, with powdered sugar. For my sprinkle version, I used hazelnuts. For the traditional ones, I used pecans.
These cookies are so easy to make and they practically melt in your mouth and aren’t too sweet. I don’t know why I never made these before. These are definitely going to become regulars for my holiday cookie menu.
Russian Tea Cakes (Adapted from allrecipes)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecan (I put mine through my food processor)
- Confectioners’ sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped pecans. Roll dough into balls about 3/4 of an inch Anything bigger and they tend to spread and flatten. Place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Roll the cookies in a bowl of confectioners’ sugar once they are cooled.