Honey Beer Bread (Adapted from gimme some oven)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 4 Tbsp. (half stick) butter, melted (As I said in my observations, I would half this and only pour it on top of the batter)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 7? x 3? inch loaf
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and
salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer and honey into the dry
ingredients until just mixed. (I put my honey in the microwave for a few seconds as was suggested by gimme some oven, so that it came out much easier.) Don't over mix!
3. Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. (Again, I would skip this step.) Then spoon the batter
into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a
toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. (I baked mine about 10 minutes longer, around 65 minutes because parts of it were done but certain parts were still doughy)