Strawberries were on sale this weekend. They looked so big, bright and pretty that I had to get a few boxes. The sight of the beautiful strawberries made me want to make a strawberry dessert.
A while back, I found a strawberry cupcake recipe from Little Corner of Mine, using strawberry yogurt. I decided to try out the recipe, and add some fresh strawberries to the recipe.
The cupcakes were really moist and had a peach color due to the strawberry yogurt. I usually don't like strawberry flavored stuff like strawberry ice cream, so this was not my favorite recipe. But I think this recipe would be great for those who do love strawberry flavored desserts. And I love the pretty color!
Strawberry cupcakes (adapted from Little Corner of Mine)
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup strawberry flavored yogurt
3 large eggs, whisk
2 Tbsp. whole milk
1 tsp. imitation strawberry extract
One drop of red coloring (the original recipe called for one drop. This turned the batter pink, but the baked result was more of a peach color. if you want a deeper pink batter, I would recommend adding another drop)
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup strawberries, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Place paper cups in the muffin pan.
2. In a big bowl, add in flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine.
3. Then, make a hole in the center and add in remaining ingredients, except strawberries. Whisk and blend until incorporated. Then mix in strawberries.
4. Scoop the batter into each paper cups until 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes
out clean. Cool on wire rack.