Another variation on my favorite pumpkin bread recipe is a chocolate chip studded version. Because chocolate makes everything better. =)
The little bits of melted chocolate match perfectly with the moist pumpkin bread, making a perfect snack.
I can never decide which version of pumpkin bread I like best. I guess it just depends on what I’m in the mood for.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (adapted from this recipe)
Yields: Three 7 x 3 inch loaves
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
2 1/2 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line three 7×3 inch loaf pans with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
4. Using the hand mixer on low speed, gradually add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips until chips are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared pans.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.