I’ve seen quite a few chocolate chip pumpkin muffins recipes lately and have marked a few that I wanted to try.  So initially, I started to make one of them, but then I accidentally messed up on one of the ingredient quantities, as a result of me being lazy and trying to do half the recipe without actually writing in the reduced amounts.

Since I was pretty far into the mixing, rather than start over, I decided to change the recipe I was using to the pumpkin muffin recipe I used last week (because the ingredient I messed up on still worked with this recipe), and then added some chocolate chips to the batter.

These pumpkin muffins came out tasty and I like the look of the chocolate chips decorating the muffin tops. I plan on trying the other pumpkin muffin recipes I bookmarked soon.

I like that these muffins are very pumpkin-y, but I am also looking for a recipe that is more muffin batter and that will rise more.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin muffins (recipe base from here)

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
1/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1/4 cup fat free milk
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl.

2. In a separate bowl whisk together pumpkin, eggs, oil, yogurt and milk. Combine wet and dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in half a cup of chocolate chips.

4. Spoon batter into muffin tins. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of each muffin. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

11 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins”

1. moowiesqrd — October 19, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Love the photos… they look amazing! Don’t you hate it when you try to halve a recipe and forget to halve one of the ingredients?

• Kirbie replied: — October 20th, 2010 @ 12:20 am

Yes I hate it. You would think I’d learn, but I always get lazy and think I can remember.

2. Vivienne — October 20, 2010 at 12:17 am

LOL – so you have 3 recipes using pumpkin and choc chips in 3 ways! :D Love it!
    I’m waiting for you to give al the muffin recipes a go and pick the best recipe :P

• Kirbie replied: — October 20th, 2010 @ 12:21 am

I’ve got tons of more pumpkin recipes I want to try, and definitely quite a few more muffin recipes. I was originally thinking of doing 30 pumpkin recipes for the month of Oct, but that seemed like a lot of pressure. I was out of town this weekend so very little baking got done, but hopefully this week and weekend I can play catch up with more recipes!

3. Pingback: Tweets that mention Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins | Kirbie Cravings -- Topsy.com

4. Faye — October 20, 2010 at 10:05 am

30 pumpkin recipes for month of October?!

DO IT!! That sounds so awesome. Like a movie or something :)

Have you ever considered doing a get together of all your blog followers? Like maybe meet at a tea station place or new restaurant to talk about recipes, food, etc?

I hope to try one of your pumpkin recipes before Halloween!

• Kirbie replied: — October 20th, 2010 @ 10:30 am

Hi Faye! Too bad October is almost over. I definitely think I will do it next year though! Hmm, I haven’t really thought about doing a get together, but I love meeting fellow bloggers and people who follow my blog. If you ever want to meet for food, tea, etc, you can email me =)

5. Grapefruit — October 22, 2010 at 9:02 am

These are super cute! I was actually planning to make pumpkin muffins myself & had decided to throw on some chocolate on top. Now I am convinced it is a great idea ;-)

• Kirbie replied: — October 22nd, 2010 @ 10:12 am

I think the chocolate chips make these look cuter =)

6. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins | Online REL

7. Maritza — July 19, 2012 at 3:24 pm

girls, please send me the best & delicious recipe you have so I can make it.
    This is my email address marixa78@live.com