Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Cornbread

I’ve been amazed at how many things pumpkin can be added to. When I saw a pumpkin cornbread on Sweat Pea’s Kitchen, I was excited to try it out.

I love cornbread and I love pumpkin. The combination sounded delicious. This recipe was so simple to put together.

I did find that my cornbread came out a bit dry. I expected it to be more moist, especially with the addition of pumpkin. Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere. I think I might try this again, but with another cornbread recipe.

The original recipe directions suggest using an electric mixer, but I found I was able to mix everything with a whisk. It was a cinch to put this recipe together. Perhaps some sour cream to the recipe would have made the pumpkin cornbread more moist.

You can view the recipe on Sweet Pea’s Kitchen, who adapted it from Sugarcrafter.

7 Responses to “Pumpkin Cornbread”

Alana — October 30, 2010 @ 1:39 am

Kirbie! I just wanted to say how much I’ve been enjoying your blog. Pumpkin and Matcha are two of my favorite flavors and I have a huge soft spot for sweets. I’m living in Madrid and these types of sweets and even the ingredients are hard to come by so I’ve just been enjoying reading. However, I forward all the recipes to mother at home in Hawaii and nudge her to try baking them. Thank you for writing such an entertaining blog!!

• claribelle replied: — October 30th, 2010 @ 7:07 am

Hi Alana, I love to hear it when people are enjoying my blog, so thank you for the nice comment! It’s too bad matcha and pumpkin are hard to come by in Madrid. Hopefully when you pay a visit to your mother, she’ll bake you some of the recipes! I definitely have some more matcha ones coming up after I finish up my pumpkin baking madness.

Lauren at KeepItSweet — October 30, 2010 @ 3:21 am

i also love cornbread and pumpkin so i’ll be anxious to see if you find a recipe you like better

• claribelle replied: — October 30th, 2010 @ 7:05 am

I definitely plan on playing around with another pumpkin cornbread recipe, in hopes of getting one for Thanksgiving. The other bloggers who tried this recipe didn’t seem to think it was too dry though. I wonder if it was the cornmeal brand I used. Regardless, if I find a better one, I’ll definitely post it!

kat — October 30, 2010 @ 1:10 pm

This sounds so good. Will give them a try. I am glad that my pound cake recipe you tried was a hit. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

• claribelle replied: — October 31st, 2010 @ 12:52 am

Loved your poundcake! I’m going to make it for my parents. Thanks for stopping by my blog also

Medifast Coupon Codes — November 2, 2010 @ 10:20 am

I tried Sweet Peas pumpkin cornbread recipe just yesterday and it is awesome. You have got to try it to believe how good it is.