One of my favorite pumpkin recipes last year was a pumpkin muffin recipe I found from Erin Cooks. The muffins come out moist and puff up and crackle on top just the way I like them.
I recently revisited the recipe. There are a few more pumpkin muffin recipes I want to try out this Fall, but this one is pretty good.
Pumpkin Muffins (slightly adapted from Erin Cooks)
Yields: 1 dozen muffins
3/4 cup sugar
7 oz pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400º. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder in a medium bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, applesauce and oil until smooth.
3. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients and stir together until completely mixed
4. Grease a muffin tin or fill your tin with cupcake papers. Fill with batter until they are 2/3 of the way full.
5. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.