Please note, this giveaway is now closed. Welcome to Day 2 of 12 days of giveaways! You can view and enter Day 1 here. In honor of the second day of giveaways, I made these delicious Smores cookies.
I saw these cookies a while back, and thought “Oh cool, chocolate chip cookies, but with marshmallows and chocolate pieces.” But these are much more than that! They really are Smores in a cookie form. The cookie has crushed graham crackers so when you bite into these cookies, you taste everything you would get in a Smore.
I love Smores, but they can be messy. The crackers make a crumbly mess, the melted marsmallow won’t break when you bite it, the chocolate sticks to your hands. And you need a fire to make them. These cookies are a much cleaner way to eat a Smore.
I was also really surprised that marshmallows, once slightly melted, will retain their ooey gooey melted form rather becoming a solid again. I love these cookies and they are going to be on my holiday baking list this year. Now I just need to figure out a way to make them more holiday festive. Perhaps I’ll use green marshmallows.
So why did I choose to make Smores cookies for this giveaway? Because the next giveaway is by Ghiradelli, and when I recently sampled Ghiaradelli’s new luxe milk chocolate bars, they were served as Smores. So, onto the giveaway:
On the second day of Christmas, Kirbie’s Cravings gave to me: Five Chocolate Bars!
- (and $25 from Oh! Nuts (Day 1)). Note: Day 2 is for the Ghiradelli chocolate only but I wanted to complete the song.
Ghiradelli will be giving five coupons for five free bars of their new Luxe Milk chocolate bars which come in milk, almond, hazelnut and toffee flavors. I got to sample their luxe milk almond chocolate at the Foodbuzz Festival Tasting Pavillion. The chocolate is definitely very rich and creamy.
I got an almond bar in my Foodbuzz bag of goodies and I used it to make these Smores cookies.
The contest for this giveaway ends at midnight PST, December 14, 2010. I will choose one entry using a random number generated by random.org. To enter, leave a comment at this end of the post and tell me which flavor of luxe milk chocolate you are most interested in trying.
For an additional entry:
Follow me on twitter (if you don’t already), and tweet the following: “Win Ghiradelli chocolate bars @kirbiecravings http://bit.ly/dHJnCE”
Smores Cookies (slightly adapted from Obsessed with Baking, who got it from Lovin in the Oven)
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
mini marshmallows (enough to put three on each cookie)
3 oz bar of ghiradelli chocolate, broken into small pieces
1. In a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugars until fluffy.
2. Mix in egg and vanilla until combined. Add the flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda, mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Refrigerate dough for about an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375ºF
5. Drop ping pong sized scoops of batter onto cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push 3 marshmallows and three pieces of chocolate bar into each cookie. Return to the oven and bake an additional 2-3 minutes until fully cooked. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
6. Makes about 2 dozen large cookies.