The brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies were a huge hit with my family. It’s definitely something I’m going to make over and over again. They also didn’t last long.
Anyhow, I was thinking I might try a version with brownie chunks rather stuffing a brownie inside. That way the cookies would be normal-sized and would still have brownies. I also changed up the chocolate chip cookie recipe, opting for a chewier recipe so that the cookies would maintain the chewy texture even without a fudgy brownie sandwiched in the middle.
They came out good….but not as great as the brownie stuffed cookies. The little chunks of brownies weren’t as satisfying as biting into a whole fudgy brownie sandwiched into a cookie.
One box of your favorite brownie mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Make brownies according to box directions. After brownies have cooled, cut into small cubes.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a separate bowl cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
4. Add in the flour mixture on low speed until combined.
5. Using a large spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop a large tablespoon of dough and push a few chunks of brownies into the dough (I put about four on the surface and one inside) and drop onto baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used up.
7. Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies from try and let them cool on wire racks.Yum