I bought these fancy looking muffin liners a while back and have been trying to find an opportunity to use them. They remind me of the muffin liners used by gourmet bakeries.
When I was making my nutella banana bread last week, I had some leftover batter and thought I’d make a few muffins for an easy transportable breakfast. I wasn’t originally going to post this because my muffins did not come out pretty at all, but I thought I’d put it up anyway.
My batter was more runny than usual because I had an extra banana lying around that I threw in there. While this created a super moist cake bread, it created a not-so pretty muffin. My muffins came out looking like lumpy chef’s hats. The batter wasn’t firm enough to create the ideal muffins for these cupcake liners. Which is a shame because these cupcake liners were not cheap.
I have a few remaining so I’ll have to find a different recipe and try out these liners again.
Nutella Banana Muffins
(Yields 12 oversized muffins)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons nutella
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line muffin pan with liners
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix in nutella. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full
3. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Baking time depends on the size of your muffins. Mine took about 40 minutes because my batter was really runny and my muffins were oversized.)