I’ve been on a double chocolate chip cookie kick lately. It seems every week I have a craving for them and am always looking for new recipes to check out. A few weeks ago, I made these rich double chocolate chip cookies. They were really rich and decadent and they are still my favorite double chocolate chip cookie to date.

However, I saw a recipe for a chewy, fudgy double chocolate chip cookie on What Megan’s Making and was very excited to try it. I love chewy, fudgy cookies. Luckily cookies are so easy to whip up, so I had time to make them this weekend.

The cookies were definitely chewy and fudgy. They were lighter and not as rich and intensely chocolate as the rich double chocolate cookies I tried a few weeks ago, but these are still tasty. I would definitely make these again. You can view the full recipe here.

11 Responses to “Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies”

1. joanh — March 7, 2011 at 9:15 am

yum! i was looking through your recipes the other night and definitely itching to make cookies this week!

• Kirbie replied: — March 7th, 2011 @ 9:25 am

These are pretty easy to make! Can’t wait to see what recipes you try!

2. megan @ whatmegansmaking — March 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm

So glad you liked these! I just made them for a wedding last weekend and they were a big hit – love that their so easy to make :)

• Kirbie replied: — March 7th, 2011 @ 10:01 pm

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

3. Meryl — March 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Hey Kirbie,

Try these – I’ve made them many times, and they’re incredible. Very deep dark chocolatey, nice and chewy, and melty/gooey inside. Great right out of the oven, and just as good the next day, ie, still nice and melty/gooey. I have a great photo of them saved to file – can email it to you if you’d like – let me know.
    Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips are recommended for the chocolate chips.

***CAUTION: This recipe was originally posted with 1/4 cup flour, which is incorrect. It should be 1 1/4 cups:

CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CHEWS

• Kirbie replied: — March 7th, 2011 @ 10:02 pm

Oooh, I can’t wait to try these!! Your description sounds amazing. I don’t know why I didn’t think of asking you earlier. If you ever start a blog you should call yourself the Chocolate Goddess

4. Meryl — March 7, 2011 at 5:17 pm

P.S. I can email you the recipe with my notes – just let me know via email.

5. Dionne @ Try Anything Once — March 8, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I was just whining about how I want something sweet right this very minute. :) I’m glad I stopped by to see what you’ve been making! These look so soft and chewy it’s sinfully tempting.

I hope you are having a good week!

Dionne

• Kirbie replied: — March 9th, 2011 @ 9:18 am

They are pretty good. I had to give the rest away so I wouldn’t eat them all.

6. Sandu — December 22, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Great! All that tried them say it is a must for me to make more!

Thanks!

• Kirbie replied: — December 22nd, 2011 @ 4:08 pm

Yay! That’s so great to hear!