Chocolate Mochi Roses
The National Food Blogger Bake Sale is this Saturday. I previously told you I would be baking for the sale, the proceeds of which will go to Share Our Strength, an organization working to end childhood hunger across America.
One of the items I baked for the sale are these chocolate mochi roses. The mochi has a nice chewy texture and a light chocolate flavor. I love how they come out in this rose muffin pan from the Nordicware collection.
Recipe: Chocolate Mochi Roses
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 16 oz. box Mochiko flour
- 1 cup dutch processed cocoa
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 F. Cream the butter with sugar.
- Beat in the evaporated milk and coconut milk to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Beat eggs into the mixture.
- Beat in the rice flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour batter into muffin molds.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving. Do not refrigerate mochi as it will change the texture.