|Avocado Bacon Fries || || |
Recipe type: Appetizer
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 2 large avocados, cut into 6-8 slices lengthwise (for each avocado)
- canola oil for frying
- 2 cups of Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and cut into very small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of flour
- Separate flour, egg and Italian breadcrumbs into three bowls. Add bacon pieces to breadcrumb bowl.
- Using a sauce pan or wok, pour in enough oil for frying (about 1 1/2 inches deep) and turn stove to medium heat.
- Take one slice of avocado, and coat it in the egg mixture. Then coat it in the flour mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture. Re-dredge it again in the egg, flour and then breadcrumb mixture. Put the avocado piece in once the oil is hot.
- Cook avocado until the breadcrumb turns golden brown. Make sure to flip the avocado over so that it browns evenly on all sides. Mine took about 30 seconds to one minute for each side.
- Repeat with remaining avocado slices. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
Recipe by Kirbie's Cravings | A San Diego food blog at http://kirbiecravings.com/2011/06/avocado-bacon-fries.html