|Bacon Cheese Beer Bread || || |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 strips of precooked bacon, diced into small chunks
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 4 Tbsp. (half stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, plus 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9" x 5" inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in 1 cup of cheese and bacon. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the beer until just mixed.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the melted butter on top of the batter. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese evenly across surface of the batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Recipe by Kirbie's Cravings | A San Diego food blog at http://kirbiecravings.com/2011/07/bacon-cheese-beer-bread.html