I wanted to try to recreate the brownie base because the bite I had before adding the crispy rice was so good. It’s been hard to find a good nutella brownie recipe because the addition of chocolate often overpowers the nutella flavor.
However, I’m not quite sure what I did right last time or what I did wrong this time. On this attempt, they came out cakey. Not at all fudgy and without the beautiful crackly surface I had last time. I suspect it’s something in the measurements. I don’t think I added quite enough nutella and perhaps a little too much flour. I also think I made them too thick.
I’m going to attempt it again soon and hope to reproduce my previous results. I couldn’t do it right after this batch finished though because I ran out of nutella (sob). This recipe requires a whole cup of nutella, so it’s easy to run out fast, especially with all the nutella desserts I’ve been making.
I decided to go ahead and post this anyway though because the brownies didn’t taste bad; they just aren’t as fudgy as I would like. Instead they are more like cake brownies. The great thing is that the nutella definitely comes through since it is the main ingredient and this is ridiculously easy and quick to make.
The recipe is adapted from Desserts 4 Today: Flavorful Desserts with Just Four Ingredients by Abby Dodge.
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 10 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the Nutella and eggs in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 9 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes until a knife inserted comes out almost clean with just a few crumbs clinging.