I know I previously mentioned that a Kearny Mesa location of Smashburger is opening soon and I included details on how to get invited to the VIP Sneak Peek party, but I’m going to go ahead and write another post with a few more details.
In addition to more information about the Kearny Mesa opening (full press release below), I was recently told some of the “secret menu” offerings at Smashburger locations, which I think may come in handy. I don’t know about you, but I love secret menu options.
- Fido Style Smashburger – this dog-friendly patty is made with an unseasoned 1/4 pound, 100% fresh, never frozen, certified angus beef patty served in convenient bite-sized pieces and on a fido-friendly plate. To order the item, guest simply need to request a Smashburger “Fido Style,” at the price of $2. *
- PB&J Shake – this shake combines the Haagen-Daz Nutter Butter and Strawberry shake to create an irresistible Peanut Butter and Jelly flavor for just $3.99. *
- Sin City Smashburger – originally crafted with the Vegas ‘city that never sleeps’ lifestyle in mind, it features 100% fresh, never frozen, certified angus beef, placed on an egg bun, then topped with a fried egg, applewood smoked bacon, melted American cheese, grilled and haystack onions, and the signature smash sauce.
The items marked with a * are exclusive to the San Diego market, which currently consists of locations in La Jolla, Del Mar, Mission Valley and East Village.
Now that I’ve seen these, I definitely want to try the Sin City Smashburger next time. I love sandwiches and burgers topped with a fried egg.
For more information on the upcoming Kearny Mesa Opening, and for how to enter for a chance to attend the VIP party so you can try out the new menu for free, see the full press release below issued by Elle Communications.
KEARNY MESA TO SAVOR SMASHBURGER’S ‘BETTER BURGER’ SEPTEMBER 8TH
Sixth San Diego-area Location Sizzles into Kearny Mesa
SAN DIEGO (8/16/11) —Smashburger, a fast-casual “better burger” restaurant is gearing up to open its sixth San Diego location on Thursday, September 8, 2011. The restaurant will open in Kearny Mesa at 3737 Murphy Canyon Road, Suite F. This is the sixth of eight San Diego Smashburger locations slated to open in the next year. San Diego’s other Smashburger restaurants are located in La Jolla, Del Mar, Mission Valley, Downtown’s East Village and most recently, Rancho Peñasquitos.
Named for the cooking method used to create delicious burgers, a Smashburger is 100-percent—fresh, never frozen, Certified Angus Beef smashed on a flat grill to sear in the juicy flavor. To further the “better burger” experience, every Smashburger is served on a butter toasted artisan bun and topped with a selection of real cheeses, the freshest produce, and top-quality condiments.
Smashburger San Diego features a regional menu created with the best regional flavors and tastes in mind. The San Diego regional menu includes:
- The signature San Diego Smashburger featuring fresh avocado, fresh cilantro and onions, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and chipotle mayo on a fresh torta roll, served with a wedge of lime.
- The BBQ Ranch chicken sandwich featuring grilled or crispy chicken breast with applewood smoked bacon, haystack onions, lettuce, tomato, bbq sauce and ranch dressing on an artisan butter toasted egg bun.
- The Sunset salad featuring a fresh mix of garden greens topped with strips of grilled or crispy chicken, sliced marinated balsamic tomatoes, raisins, cranberries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, blue cheese, served with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Regional microbrews from San Diego-based breweries as well as wine from California-based wineries.
Smashburger is known for its savory burgers, but the restaurant also serves up delicious chicken sandwiches, grilled and seared hotdogs, and delicious salads, with an array of sides like veggie frites and rosemary and garlic–seasoned Smashfries. Guests can pair their meals with beer, wine, handspun Häagen-Dazs shakes, and root-beer floats.
“We are excited to bring Smashburger to the Kearny Mesa neighborhood,” says Smashburger Chairman and CEO David Prokupek. “San Diego has been extremely welcoming to the Smashburger brand and we looking forward to sharing our great tasting burgers with the Kearny Mesa community.”
To get a preview of the newest San Diego Smashburger location, Smashfans may enter to win a chance to attend the “Sneak Peek Party” on Wednesday, September 7, 2011 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. by emailing their full name, home address and mobile number to firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject line should be titled “Kearny Mesa Sneak Peek Party.” Guests will be selected at random from the pool of entrants. Guests will be selected by Friday, September 2, 2011.
“We can’t wait to show the Kearny Mesa community what Smashburger is all about, “ says David Whisenhunt, San Diego franchise co-owner. “We hope that we win our guests over with the quality food, great service and friendly atmosphere that Smashburger is known for. ”