I was out of town that weekend, but FH agreed to attend on my behalf. I wasn’t quite trusting enough to lend him my camera (we often joke how shaky his hands are), so he brought along his own point and shoot camera.
Once there, he was given a private tour of the new store. When he came back, he had a wealth of information. Here are some of the highlights he gleaned from the tour:
- Whole Food practices sustainable seafood (buying seafood from farmed sources that maintain or increase production without jeopardizing the ecosystems)
- The soaps and lotions sold at Whole Foods marked “organic” are pure enough that you won’t get sick if you eat them.
- The chickens live on free range farms
- You can request special meals from the prepared food section cooks.
- A lot of the fresh produce comes from local sources.
- The parking garage reserves prime parking spots for drivers of hybrid and electric vehicles.
- The ice cream selection contains flavors that are inspired by the local skate and surf residents.
To view FH’s album of pictures of Whole Foods, click here.
687 S. Coast Highway 101
Encinitas, CA 92024