Pizza Bites featuring Newman’s Own Marinara Sauce
Recently, Foodbuzz teamed up with Newman’s Own and offered bloggers a chance to make recipe videos featuring Newman’s Own products.
The recipe had to be easy and made in 30 minutes or less. Bloggers chosen would be given a free HD flip camera to film the video and provided with various Newman’s Own products like salad dressings, sauces and pizzas. Looking at these products, the first thing I thought of was stuffed pepperoni pizza bites. They are easy to make, taste delicious, and would incorporate some Newman’s products.
So I threw my proposal into the mix and a few weeks later, I was informed that my proposal had been selected! While I was ecstatic about receiving a HD flip camera, now I had to actually film a video. Having filmed and edited them in college, I knew what a long and painful process this could be.
My biggest problem was that I couldn’t find anyone who wanted to be on camera! For a while, I considered borrowing a child. Who doesn’t love a video featuring a cute kid? But the child would need adult supervision and I didn’t have any kids on hand. So I ended up making a video mixing some effects with real footage.
I was sent a big box full of products:
- HD flip camera
- Tomato & Basil Bombolina Pasta Sauce
- Roasted Garlic & Peppers Pasta Sauce
- Olive Oil & Vinegar Salad Dressing
- Family Recipe Italian Salad Dressing
- Light Raspberry & Walnut Salad Dressing
- Coupon for FREE Newman’s Own pizza
For my recipe, I used the two pasta sauces as dipping sauces for the pizza bites. The pizza bites are so easy to make. Filming and editing the video on the other hand, took quite some time.
I feel a little silly putting this up on the blog. I wish I had more time to make it better. Watching it makes me cringe even though I’m not even in it. But here it is:
Easy Pizza Bites
1 premade pizza dough
1/2 cup of mini pepperoni slices
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
Newman's Own marinara sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a 9 inch pie pan with parchment paper. Make round balls with pizza dough, about 1 inch in diameter. Flatten dough balls and sprinkle with cheese and pepperoni before sealing dough balls back up. Flip the dough over, and smooth the dough from top to bottom, making sure to seal the bottom. Smooth and shape the ball until it is smooth and round.
2. Place finished dough balls into pie pan, lining them next to each other and covering plate.
3. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top of the balls. Bake for about 20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
4. Serve warm with a side of marinara sauce.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!