Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bacon Egg McMuffin

Continuing on my breakfast cup recipes, I recently tackled Bacon Egg McMuffin cups.  English muffin + bacon + egg = Yum.

The English muffin develops a nice crispy exterior similar to if you had toasted it. The bacon doesn’t quite wrap around the entire muffin, but it does seem to fit right inside the muffin cup. Inside the crispy bacon wrap is the egg.

I used the oversized Texas muffin molds for these in order to fit the entire English muffin halves. Of course if you don’t have oversized muffin molds you can circles out of the English muffins to have them fit a regular muffin pan.

These were a cinch to put together. It is even easier than the Sausage McMuffin cups I previously made because for those I had to cut out part of the sausage to fit the egg in.

Here is the rest of my breakfast cup series:

Bacon Egg McMuffin Cups

Yield: 6

3 English muffins
6 eggs
6 slices precooked bacon (I use the packs sold at Costco)

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease an oversized muffin pan. If you only have a regular sized pan, you will need to cut the English muffins to fit the pan. But they should fit in an oversized pan. Place half of an English muffin into each mold, squishing it down to the bottom.
2. Wrap the bacon around. It should line the inside of the English muffin. Then crack an egg inside the bacon.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes until egg white is completely cooked. Serve while warm.

7 Responses to “Bacon Egg McMuffin”

Ann P. — December 15, 2011 @ 12:06 pm

Breakfast food is my favorite, and this would make one amazing breakfast!

• Kirbie replied: — December 15th, 2011 @ 1:43 pm

I usually am not a big breakfast person, but with dishes like this, I like it!

Anna — December 15, 2011 @ 7:05 pm

It’ll sure be a lovely day if breakfasts are as grand as these muffin treats. I would love to wake up to a unique bacon recipe. I am sure my husband will love this too. Thanks for making breakfast extra special. Great post!

Leslie — December 26, 2011 @ 8:11 pm

We made these for our Christmas breakfast and they were a big hit. The second batch we decided to put cheese on top….they were even better!!! can’t wait to try out a different one I’m getting hungry just thinking about it :)

• Kirbie replied: — December 28th, 2011 @ 1:16 am

Yay! I’m so glad you liked them!

Dawn — February 1, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

HEY! Do you think these would still be great after being frozen? I was actually wondering whether texas-sized muffin pans would cook eggs into a good mc-muffin size, but came across this which might be even better!!

• Kirbie replied: — February 1st, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

Hm, I’ve never frozen them before. I don’t know how the eggs would be and bacon after freezing and reheating.