Kahlua Mug Cake
I’ve been getting lots of suggestions for more mug cakes to try making. I love all the ideas and hopefully I’ll be able to make them all eventually.
One suggestion I got was to create a Kahlua Mug Cake. So here it is.
You can taste the coffee, though most of the liquor taste evaporated when cooking. Next time I might add some espresso to the cake to make the coffee taste even more apparent.
It took me a few attempts to get this cake right. I forgot how sweet Kahlua was and my first version was way too sweet and I couldn’t taste the Kahlua at all. I did some more “research” tonight and I like this version the best. You can taste the coffee, a tiny hint of alcohol, and the cake is nice and fluffy too. I could barely wait for this cake to cool before digging in.
Here are the rest of my mug cake creations:
- Pure Nutella Mug Cake
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Mug Cake
- Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Nutella brownie mug cake
- Biscoff mug cake
- Strawberry mug cake
- Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Brownie mug cake
- Nutella Chocolate Mug Cake
- Blueberry mug cake
- Chocolate mug cake
- Chocolate caramel mug cake
- Peanut butter chocolate mug cake
Kahlua Mug Cake
5 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons Kahlua
3 tablespoons oil
1. Combine all ingredients into oversized mug. Stir with a small whisk or fork until batter is smooth.
2. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. The surface of the cake may look a little wet, but as long as the middle of the cake is cooked then you should be okay. If cake is not done, microwave for an additional 30 seconds, but be careful not to overcook or else the cake will become rubbery. Mine was done at 1 1/2 minutes. Serve while warm.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!