I’ve made Nutella filled chocolate cups, which is like peanut butter cups but filled with Nutella. I’ve also made Biscoff chocolate cups. And of course the original peanut butter cups. And for this Fall baking season, I decided to try pumpkin chocolate cups.
Pumpkin puree alone seemed too watery though. So to make a thicker texture, I mixed it with cream cheese, creating something like a no bake pumpkin cheesecake filling. These were easy to make and tasty. I love how they fit with the pumpkin baking theme.
It’s best to keep them in the fridge so that the pumpkin cheesecake mixture stays firm. I chose to make my cups a little taller than the standard peanut butter cups. I was able to find paper candy molds that were about half the height of a regular cupcake cup, and a little bit taller than the peanut butter cup molds. This ensured that there would be a generous amount of filling.
2 cups milk chocolate chips (or chopped up milk chocolate)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
4 oz (1/2 block) cream cheese
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup sugar
1. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds. Take out and stir until chocolate is completely melted. If it is not completely melted and smooth, heat for an additional 15-30 seconds. You need to be careful not to overheat and burn the chocolate.
2. Whip together pumpkin, cream cheese, spice and sugar in food processor or mixer until smooth.
3. Line muffin pan with paper candy cups. Take a large spoon, and spoon some chocolate into the paper candy cup. Using the back of the spoon, spread the chocolate so that it coats the entire interior of the candy cup. Make sure the layer of chocolate is thick enough that it does not drip off and leave parts of the side uncovered. Repeat with remaining cups.
4. Take another clean spoon and scoop out some pumpkin cheesecake into each of the cups. Press on it gently so that it fills and packs the bottom of each cup about halfway and is spread across the entire cup. Then taking the chocolate spoon, top chocolate on each cup, so that it completely covers the surface. Use back of spoon to help smooth out surface.
5. Cool in fridge until chocolate is firm, for several hours or overnight. Store in fridge until ready to eat.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!