St. Patrick’s Day always brings the appearance of the McDonald’s Shamrock Shake. Rather than buying the artificial green colored shake this year, I thought I’d make my own St. Patrick’s Day themed shake.

No the shake isn’t green, but it tastes minty. I guess I could have made it green but I try to avoid using food coloring. I know the Shamrock shake doesn’t have Oreo cookies but I love cookies and cream shakes.  To really up the cookies and cream factor, I used cookies and cream ice cream as my base, then added a few more mint Oreos to the batter, giving it a mild minty flavor.

DH was really happy when I presented him with this shake and we’ll be drinking this again on St. Patrick’s Day.

Print Print Save Save

Mint Cookies and Cream Shake

1 cup of cookies and cream ice cream
1/2 cup milk
4 mint Oreos

Blend everything together in blender until smooth. Serve immediately. Top with whipped cream if desired.

8 Responses to “Mint Cookies and Cream Shake”

1. Sues — March 13, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Such a pretty shake with some of the best flavors!!

• Kirbie replied: — March 13th, 2013 @ 10:12 pm

Thanks!

2. caninecologne — March 13, 2013 at 6:36 pm

ooh, i like this recipe! time to buy some of that ice cream and oreos. maybe i’ll try a variation with mint chip ice cream too!

• Kirbie replied: — March 13th, 2013 @ 10:12 pm

Oh, mint chocolate chip ice cream is a good idea. Plus it’ll be greener.

3. Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen — March 14, 2013 at 2:40 am

Ooh, your shake looks so good!

• Kirbie replied: — March 14th, 2013 @ 3:54 pm

Thank you!

4. caninecologne — March 14, 2013 at 3:04 pm

yes it will! :)

I like the shamrock sprinkles you have on your shake! where did you find those?

• Kirbie replied: — March 14th, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

The sprinkles were from Michael’s. I bought one of those containers that have several different kinds of sprinkles and it was in there. I’m not actually sure if they are supposed to be Shamrock’s or just a random shape, but I thought they looked enough like Shamrock’s to work for the occasion. You might be able find shamrock shaped ones from Do It With icing. Michael’s also has a nice selection of sprinkles and decorating things.