Gelato Paradiso recently opened inside The Headquarters. The gelato shop also has two popular locations in Orange County.

As soon as we entered, we were greeted to a friendly staff, who offered us as many samples as we desired.

The gelatos were beautifully displayed, offering more than twenty different gelato and sorbetto flavors.

After much contemplating, we chose to get a small ($3.75) with toasted almond and dulce de leche. They were the two emptiest containers, evidence of their popularity, and were our personal favorites as well. I especially liked that they allowed two flavors for a small, since many places will only let you get one flavor for the small size.

I was really impressed with how much they packed the two flavors in, giving us a lot more than the average small cup size.

We enjoyed the gelato here though there were a few flavors I sampled that seemed a little watery. Overall though, the staff was friendly, the portions and prices were reasonable, and the selection quite varied.

Gelato Paradiso
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Gelato Paradiso on Urbanspoon

8 Responses to “Gelato Paradiso”

1. Faye — January 22, 2014 at 11:14 am

That’s cool they let you choose two flavors for the small cup. I always try to have Chuao do that but they never do.

• Kirbie replied: — January 23rd, 2014 @ 9:06 am

Yeah I hate it when they don’t let you get two flavors.

2. caninecologne — January 22, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Ooh, I definitely want to try this place out one of these days. I like that you can get two flavors for a small and that their small is pretty generous! :)

• Kirbie replied: — January 23rd, 2014 @ 9:06 am

Yes you should definitely give them a try!

3. Mary — January 24, 2014 at 9:05 am

I thought about going here when I was at Seasons 52 for dinner, but I was too full after dinner to consider it! That’s awesome they give you two flavors and let you try as much as you want. Sometimes I feel weird asking to try everything haha.

• Kirbie replied: — January 24th, 2014 @ 11:44 am

I always feel weird after maybe 2 samples, but they were really encouraging! I have seen the storefront for this shop the last 4 times I was at The Headquarters and it was driving me crazy that they hadn’t opened! so glad they finally did. i made sure to make room after my lunch at Seasons 52

4. Kira - HealthAble Old Soul — January 24, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I love your foodie finds!

• Kirbie replied: — January 24th, 2014 @ 9:41 pm