Kale Caesar Salad with Marzetti and $100 Giveaway
I am so excited about the Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Caesar Dressing! It allows me to easily make a Kale Caesar Salad without having to make the Caesar dressing from scratch.
This was such a hit in our house that we’ve already had it three times in one week! It’s usually hard to get Mr. K to eat his vegetables, but he polished off a big bowl at lunch and requested more so I made it for lunch and dinner again.
Leafy kale greens, crunchy croutons, creamy Caesar and a sprinkle of Parmesan are all you need.
I’m always trying to make sure we eat enough vegetables with every meal I cook. For dinner, I paired the salad with some grilled salmon which I also brushed with Marzetti Simply Dressed Pomegranate vinaigrette. I was drawn to its pinkish purple color. It added a tangy sweetness to the salmon. I plan on using it for a salad soon too. I imagine it would be great for a mixed greens salad with some pomegranate seeds and walnuts.
Caesar dressing is a difficult flavor to tackle in my opinion because it’s made up of so many ingredients like Parmesan garlic, anchovies, and more. I adore Caesar dressing but rarely make it at home because it does require so many ingredients. I also don’t often buy it at grocery stores because I have difficulty finding one that captures all the flavors. I thought Marzetti Simply Dressed version did a good job, with its garlicky, peppery, cheesy, tangy, and salty-briny notes. It was also creamy but not overly thick.
When I buy salad dressings, I prefer to buy the refrigerated ones as they should use fresher ingredients. Marzetti Simply Dressed refrigerated salad dressings are made with a minimal number of simple ingredients, such as extra virgin olive oil, canola oil (contains Omega-3 ALA) and sea salt. They contain no preservatives, trans fats, high fructose corn syrup, added MSG, artificial flavors or colors. You can learn more about Marzetti Simply Dressed here. The bottles have a suggested retail price of $3.79 – $4.49 per 12-ounce bottle and can be found in the refrigerated section of the produce department. I purchased mine at Ralph’s while they were on sale for 2 for $6.
Kale Caesar Salad
1 bunch of kale, washed, and cut into bite sized pieces
8 tbsp of Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Caesar salad dressing
4 heaping tbsp of shredded Parmesan cheese
for the croutons:
4 thin slices of day old French bread, sliced into 1/2 inch cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1. First, make the croutons. Brush croutons with olive oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Bake at 400F in toaster oven or regular oven for about 10-15 minutes until cubes are golden and completely crunchy.
2. Add kale, dressing and Parmesan to a large bowl. Toss until dressing is completely mixed in and evenly coating kale. Add in croutons and sprinkle additional cheese if desired.
How will you use Marzetti Simply Dressed refrigerated salad dressings to make fresh and simple meals for you and your family? Leave a comment below to enter for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/2/2015 – 3/31/2015.