Beet Hummus (and a Giveaway!)
This beautiful and bright colored hummus is easy to make and perfect for the summer.
I can’t get over the color of this hummus. It’s so pretty isn’t it? And the color is completely natural. I’ve been seeing beet hummus recipes pop up lately but never got around to trying to make it. The list of ingredients I needed to buy had me putting off. However, as you may recall, I was recently introduced to BUSH’S Hummus Made Easy.
BUSH’S® Hummus Made Easy packets can be found in the bean aisle at the grocery store. I previously made BUSH’S® Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Made Easy served in individual pita chip bowls. This time around, I tried out BUSH’S® Classic Hummus Made Easy. BUSH’S® Classic Hummus Made Easy already contains a mix of olive oil, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. All you need to do is add a can of BUSH’S® garbanzo beans and blend at high speed until smooth. Super easy!
Not only were the flavors of this classic hummus delicious, but it’s such a great base for making other flavors of hummus. For instance, adding a cooked beet to make a beet flavored hummus. Yup, that’s all this recipe needed: beet, BUSH’S® garbanzo beans and BUSH’S® Classic Hummus Made Easy. This was so easy and came out so lovely. I also really loved the addition of the beet flavor, which was present but did not overpower the lemon, garlic and tahini flavors. I can’t wait to try to make some other flavors, like avocado or pesto.
I really enjoy colorful foods and always end up eating more of something when I think it’s pretty. When this was done, I could barely contain my excitement! Forget the vegetables–just hand me a spoon!
- BUSH’S® Classic Hummus Made Easy
- 1 can BUSH’S® garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium beet, peeled and cooked and cut into 6 pieces
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients and blend at high speed until smooth. Pour out and garnish with parsley if desired. Serve with vegetables, pita chips, etc.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!
Now, onto the giveaway for a $100 Visa gift card!
In the comments section, please answer the following: What is your favorite hummus flavor?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/1/2016 – 8/15/2016