Sweet Potato Tater Tots
These baked sweet potato tater tots are healthy and delicious and you can make them with different varieties of sweet potatoes for a colorful side dish or snack.
While shopping for sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving, I couldn’t help but notice all the different varieties available. I love eating colorful things, so it inspired me to make sweet potato tots in yellow, purple and orange.
These sweet potato tots came out quite tasty. They are crispy on the outside, and soft and sweet on the inside.
Sweet Potato Tots
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- Boil sweet potatoes until half cooked, about 15 minutes. Remove from water. Allow potatoes to cool enough to touch. Shred sweet potatoes with a hand grater.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add 3 cups of shredded sweet potatoes (you should have enough for just about 3, with maybe a few spoonfuls extra leftover). Add in panko crumbs and eggs. Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed and combined.
- Measure out 1 (packed) tablespoon of sweet potato batter. Squeeze between palms twice to compact. Then shape into cylinder. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining batter, spacing tots about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes. Flip tots over and bake another 5-10 minutes until both sides are crispy.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!