Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Chicken fajitas cook on one sheet pan for an easy meal with minimal clean-up. Everything is ready in about 30 minutes.
I love making sheet pan fajitas. It’s fast, easy and we usually have enough leftovers for another meal.
I previously shared my sheet pan steak fajitas, which I’ve made countless times. Now I’m sharing a chicken version. We don’t always have steak when the mood strikes, but I always have chicken, so we actually make the chicken version more often than the steak.
You can add whatever vegetables you like. I usually just do bell peppers but this time I added zucchini to the mix. I love the flavor of roasted zucchini!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 inch strips (I recommend first slicing the chicken breast to half its thickness before cutting into strips. This will make the cooking time much faster and make the strips easier to eat)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 onion, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- lime wedges and chopped fresh cilantro for topping onto fajitas
- 12 small flour or corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper. Whisk until evenly mixed.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, onions, bell peppers and zucchini. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with minced garlic. Mix everything until it is evenly coated in oil and garlic. Sprinkle seasoning mix over everything. Mix again until everything is evenly coated. (If you have time you can let the spices marinate on the chicken for about 30 minutes to an hour for even more flavor, but I usually don't do this step and it still tastes good.)
- Line a 2/3 size (21 inches by 15 inches) sheet pan with foil. This is bigger than the more commonly used half sheet pan. If you do not have a 2/3 size sheet pan, you can use two half sheet pans. Lay all the vegetables and meat onto the lined sheet pan. Try your best to keep it to a single layer with no overlap.
- Cook for about 12-15 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked. When there is about 5 minutes left before food is done, cover tortillas in aluminum foil and place on top of baking pan to warm up the tortillas. I prefer to warm my tortillas on an open flame. If you have a gas stove, you can place the tortillas directly on top of the burners and cook for a few minutes on each side until the tortillas are warm and slightly charred.
- When fajitas are done, squeeze lime juice over fajitas. Serve with additional lime wedges, fresh cilantro and any other toppings you desire.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!
Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
While I don’t yet have a video for this recipe, here is a video I did for Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas. You can also find all my recipe videos on my youtube page.