Fried Bacon Eggs
Happy Valentine’s Day! While Valentine’s Day is usually celebrated with a lot of chocolate and flowers, I thought I’d share this savory dish as a possible choice for your loved one.
Soft boiled egg covered in a crispy bacon breadcrumb. Yummy.
This is one of FH’s favorites. I’ve made it before, but it’s been a long time since I’ve revisited this recipe. He likes the egg yolk more runny but I accidentally cooked these slightly too long.
These don’t take too long to make though you do need some patience peeling the soft boiled eggs. These are perfect for a breakfast treat for your loved one any day of the year.
Fried Bacon Eggs
4 tablespoons flour
1 beaten egg
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
4 strips of precooked bacon
canola oil for frying
1. Boil eggs in a small pot of water until they reach soft boil stage (about 3-4 minutes, I used egg timer). Then remove eggs and place in a bowl of ice water. Let the eggs completely cool in the ice water which should take about 10 or 15 minutes.
2. When cooled, peel the eggs by gently tapping them. There will be one side of the egg that is easier to peel. There should be part of the egg that does not come out of the shell easily. For this part, use a spoon to get inside the shell in order to help remove the egg from the shell. Heat 2 cups of vegetable oil in a small saucepan.
3. While that heats, place the flour, the beaten egg and the breadcrumb in 3 separate bowls.
4. Chop the precooked bacon into small pieces (or put it through a food processor) and add to the breadcrumb bowl.
5. Coat each soft-boiled egg in the flour, then coat with the egg. Dump the breadcrumb/bacon mixture onto the egg, trying to get as much of it to stick and coat as possible. Then re-dredge the egg in the yolk and dump more breadcrumbs/bacon onto the egg. I find it easiest to take a handful of breadcrumb mixture and drop it onto the egg rather than let roll the eggs in the breadcrumbs. Place one egg at a time in the hot oil. Turn the egg after about 10-20 seconds to brown on all sides. Remove the egg to a paper towel and continue with the rest of the eggs.
6. Serve while warm.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!