I made one other Baileys inspired dessert this week before deciding I needed to save the rest for drinking. I wanted to make some fudgy brownies and decided instead to make blondies.
In my rush to finish baking though, I did make one mistake. I should have baked these in a 9 x 13 pan so that they’d be thin and chewy. Instead I baked them in a smaller pan, causing them to be more cakey than chewy. I still enjoyed the flavor though and I’ve adjusted the recipe below for the thinner version.
I love that you can taste the Irish cream. Next time I might add some flavored chocolate chips to make them a little less plain but these are still a great simple treat.
These blondies are really easy to whip up too. You don’t need a mixer, everything can be mixed by hand with a whisk and bowl.
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Baileys
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Add in brown sugar and whisk until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla and Baileys and whisk.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder. Pour flour into wet mixture and mix until combined.
4. Pour batter into 9 x 13 pan. Even out and smooth top with spatula.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!