Crispy Baked Tequila Wings
These crispy baked wings are topped with a light tequila glaze.
I hope everyone had a good Labor Day weekend. We spent most of the weekend at the Los Angeles Times The Taste event. On Monday, we just wanted to relax and have a low-key day. I whipped up these crispy baked tequila wings to snack on while watching US Open tennis.
I’ve wanted to make tequila wings ever since making my tequila lime chicken crispers. These wings were baked until the skin is thin, golden and crispy. The light colored glaze preserves the golden color of the wings. The glaze is similar to my previous glaze, except I added some lemon juice, giving them more of a margarita flavor.
I was really happy with how these turned out and they are easy to make on a low-energy day.
Crispy Tequila Wings
- 2.5 lb party chicken wings
- chopped cilantro (optional garnish)
for the glaze
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water + 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reposado tequila
- 2 tbsp triple sec
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat wings dry with paper towel and then lay them on baking sheet. Place into oven and roast for about 40-50 minutes or until the skins of the wings reach desired crispness.
2. When chicken is about 10 minutes from finished, make sauce on the stove. Add all sauce ingredients except the cornstarch + 1/4 cup water. Bring to a low boil. Be careful to not cook too long or else the alcohol will completely disappear. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water, then add to the mixture. Stir until sauce boils again and cook until sauce becomes thick (should take less than 1 minute. you don't want to cook too long or you will evaporate all the alcohol). Brush finished wings with glaze. Garnish with parsley if desired.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!