Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon (and a Giveaway!)
Summer grilling season is almost here and I can’t wait! Today, I’m sharing with you an easy, stress-free meal that you can make on the grill (or in the oven). A main entree and two sides are cooked and ready to eat in under 30 minutes. It’s great for a summer night meal with family or friends.
This Asian-style brown sugar glazed salmon is one of my go-to summer dishes. The marinade is just three ingredients: brown sugar, soy sauce and mustard. If you prefer something a little spicier, you can also add in some hot sauce or sriracha sauce. The fish is brushed with marinade and then put on the grill to cook.
To balance out the meal, I also like to have at least two sides. Grilled asparagus is very simple. I usually brush mine with a little olive oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper and then squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on top. For my other side, I heated up Bush’s® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans to match with the brown sugar glazed salmon.
My family often had baked beans as part of our dinner when I was growing up, especially in the summer. Now, that I’m an adult, I understand why. Cooking for a family of six couldn’t have been easy so I can see why my mom would choose baked beans to help her with the side dishes for our meals. As a child, my favorite was always the ones stewed in a sweet sauce, so I definitely have a fondness for these brown sugar baked beans. The brown sugar in the beans really helps to enhance the brown sugar glaze on the salmon. The beans can be heated on a cast iron skillet directly on the grill along with the asparagus and salmon. Everything cooked in about ten minutes!
When summer is here, I don’t like to spend long hours in the kitchen cooking, so these easy meals are my favorite to make. I hope you enjoy this one too!
Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
- 3-4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. sriracha or other hot sauce (optional, if you want to make it more spicy)
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/16/2016 – 5/31/2016