One Pot Fajita Pasta
This one pot creamy fajita pasta is an easy and flavorful meal. It’s all the flavors and ingredients found in fajitas turned into a pasta dish. Everything cooks in one pot for easy clean-up.
If you haven’t noticed, I’m a little obsessed with fajitas. I’ve done sheet pan steak fajitas, sheet pan chicken fajitas, and now this one pot fajita pasta. I’ve been seeing so many beautiful bell peppers at the supermarkets lately and seeing them just makes me crave fajitas.
This pasta dish contains bell peppers and steak marinated in fajita seasoning. Everything is also coated in a creamy tomato sauce. It’s super flavorful and easy to make.
One Pot Fajita Pasta
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced against the grain into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (I used fire-roasted ones but you can also use regular diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- lime wedges and finely chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add all fajita seasoning ingredients into a small bowl and mix until combined. In a large bowl, add steak and onions. In a separate large bowl, add peppers. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil to each large bowl and mix until ingredients are coated in olive oil. Divide the fajita seasoning evenly between the two large bowls. Mix ingredients until they are evenly coated in seasoning.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp oil and garlic and bring to medium high heat. When oil is hot, add in steak and onions. Cook until steak is just about done. Add in bell peppers and cook until peppers are tender but still crisp and steak is completely cooked. Place cooked meat and vegetable into a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add pasta, chicken broth and the can of diced tomatoes (do not drain liquid from diced tomatoes can). Push pasta down so that is is submerged in the liquid. Bring to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook pasta for about 10-15 minutes or until al dente.
- When pasta is cooked, remove the lid. Add in meat and vegetables. Pour and stir in heavy cream. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook uncovered until sauce is reduced. Garnish with cilantro and lime juice before serving.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!