A low carb and gluten free version of risotto using cauliflower rice in place of regular rice. It’s incredibly creamy, flavorful and easy to make.
I love eating risotto but I don’t eat it often. I’m always in a food coma after because of how heavy and rich it is. What I love about this cauliflower version is that it is much lighter by replacing rice with cauliflower. You still get the creamy cheesiness, but without as many carbs.
Traditional risotto can also be time consuming but since we’re using cauliflower instead, it becomes a really quick and easy dish. Cook the cauliflower, add the cream and cheese, and you’re done!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (plus additional for garnish)
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- ground black pepper
- Add olive oil and garlic to a large skillet and bring to medium high heat. Cook garlic until lightly browned. Add in the cauliflower rice and cook a few minutes until cauliflower is about halfway cooked.
- Add chicken broth and cook cauliflower until tender (about 5 minutes). Most of the chicken broth should evaporate during the cooking but if you have a lot leftover, drain out broth until you have only about 3 tbsp of liquid left.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheese. Cook at a low simmer until sauce becomes uniform and cauliflower is evenly coated (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat. Garnish with parsley and black pepper. Top with additional freshly grated cheese before serving.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!