This fluffy blueberry almond mug cake cooks in the microwave and is ready in minutes. It’s also wheat flour free, gluten free and paleo.
I’ve been playing around with trying to create a paleo version of one of my mug cakes. Over the years, I’ve shared quite a few mug cake recipes on this blog and while I’ve made several flourless ones, this is the first paleo one.
This cake is super fluffy and the texture is similar to a regular cake even though it doesn’t contain any wheat flour. I love the bursts of blueberries and the mild almond flavor throughout.
I dusted mine with a little powdered sugar and some sliced almonds. The sugar I used is not paleo but you can use a paleo powdered sugar (you can buy or make your own) if you are following the paleo diet.
Blueberry Almond Mug Cake (Paleo, Gluten Free)
- 3 tbsp super fine almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder for a paleo version you will want to make your own baking powder rather than using commercial baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp milk you can use any kind, almond milk if you are keeping it paleo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- powdered sugar for dusting to keep it paleo, you can make paleo powdered sugar with coconut sugar
- In a microwave-safe mug, add all ingredients except blueberries, slices almonds and powdered sugar. Mix batter with a small whisk until smooth.
- Gently drop blueberries on top. Do not worry about mixing them in because they will sink when cooking.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds over surface of batter.
- Cook cake in microwave at full power for about 1 minute 30 seconds or until cake is done. Top with powdered sugar if desired. Cake is best eaten warm.
- Be sure to use super fine almond flour for best results.
- Do not leave out the coconut flour or try to substitute with almond flour. The coconut flour helps to expand and make the cake fluffy.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.