During the summer we love to grill and this brown sugar salmon is one of our favorite dinners to make. It’s so easy there’s plenty of time to make two side dishes to go with it. The grilled asparagus and baked beans are perfectly paired with the grilled salmon topped with a simple brown-sugar glaze. This is an easy 30-minute dinner for summer.
This post is sponsored by BUSH’S® and SheKnows Media.
Summer grilling season is almost here and I can’t wait! Today, I’m sharing with you an easy, stress-free brown sugar salmon recipe that you can make on the grill or in the oven. It’s so easy I’ve also added two sides and the whole dinner is ready in under 30 minutes. I love 30-minute dinners this time of year and this salmon dinner is great for a summer night meal with family or friends.
Brown Sugar Salmon
This brown sugar glazed salmon is one of my go-to summer dishes. It’s an Asian-style salmon that has a simple glaze with just three ingredients:
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce and
If you prefer something a little spicier, you can also add in some hot sauce or sriracha sauce.
The salmon is so easy to make. All you do is mix up the glaze, brush it on the salmon and grill the fish until it flakes easily with a fork.
For the sides, I heated up Bush’s® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans and also grilled some asparagus alongside the salmon.
My family often had baked beans as part of our dinner when I was growing up, especially in the summer. Now, that I’m an adult, I understand why. Cooking for a family of six couldn’t have been easy so I can see why my mom would choose baked beans to help her with the side dishes for our meals. As a child, my favorite was always the ones stewed in a sweet sauce, so I definitely have a fondness for brown sugar baked beans.
The brown sugar in the beans really helps to enhance the brown sugar glaze on the salmon. You can heat the baked beans in a cast iron skillet directly on the grill along with the asparagus and salmon. Everything cooks in about ten minutes!
When summer is here, I don’t like to spend long hours in the kitchen cooking, so these easy meals are my favorite to make. I hope you enjoy this easy salmon recipe – here are a few more 30-minute recipes you might like to try, too.
Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
- 4 (6-oz) salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp sriracha or other hot sauce optional, if you want to make it more spicy
- 1 lb asparagus washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste
- 1 can Bush's Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans
Prepare the Ingredients for the Grill
- For the salmon: Add sugar, soy sauce, mustard, and sriracha (if using) to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk all ingredients until the sauce is smooth. Brush salmon generously on all sides with marinade.
- For the asparagus: brush the asparagus with the olive oil and sprinkle it with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- For the beans: pour one can of Bush’s brown sugar hickory baked beans into a large cast iron skillet.
How to Grill
- Preheat your grill to 400°F before adding your ingredients.
- Place prepared fish and asparagus directly on the grill. Place cast iron skillet with beans onto the grill. Close lid over grill and cook for five minutes. Open lid, and brush another layer of marinade on the fish. Continue to cook everything, with lid of the grill off.
- The fish should take about 10 minutes total to cook. Asparagus should be cooked until tender, which will take 8-10 minutes. Beans will begin to simmer after about 5 minutes and should be stirred a few times until they are evenly heated (about 10 minutes).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.