This Chinese-style chicken noodle soup is easy, healthy and a great comfort dish.
This post is sponsered by BlogHer and No Yolks®.
When the cold weather hits, I immediately crave noodle soups. I grew up eating them and they are the ultimate comfort food for me. Even though we live in San Diego, we still have a few cold days in winter. This winter has been particularly cold and stormy. We’ve had flash floods, tornado warnings, and overnight freeze warnings. So we’ve been eating a lot of noodle soups. If we’re eating out, my go-to choices would be a bowl of Japanese ramen or Vietnamese pho. But when I’m cooking, it’s always Chinese chicken noodle soup. It comes together so easily and is packed with vegetables, ginger, and garlic.
Usually, Chinese chicken noodle soup is paired with egg noodles. But this time, I paired it with No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles which makes it even healthier. The noodles are cholesterol free and low in fat. They cooked up the same way, with the same firm texture.
When I tried these for the first time, I was surprised that I couldn’t detect any difference between No Yolks® Noodles and a traditional noodle made with egg yolks. They looked the same, felt the same, tasted the same. I love that they make my comfort dish even healthier because when I am cooking, I always try to cook as healthy as possible. My husband’s cholesterol level was also a little high during his last check-up, and so I’ve been trying to do as much as possible to get those levels back to normal. I’ve made him exercise more, cut down on fried foods, etc. Having these noodles around will also help with his diet.
You can learn more about No Yolks® Noodles products on their website. They have a whole line of noodles including Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski and Dumplings. Their website also provides other recipes and coupons. And you can follow them on Facebook and Pinterest for more ideas!
You might like to try my Creamy Vegetable Soup, too.
Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 1/2 cups noodles
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 thin slices of ginger
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 10 thin slices of carrots
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh scallions
- Optional: garlic oil if you're looking for something more indulgent, this really will boost the flavor of your soup
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- Boil your noodles until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium pot, add broth, 1 clove of minced garlic, ginger, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Bring broth to a simmer and allow all ingredients inside to cook. When they are just about done, add in the noodles. Let them cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed. Pour into large bowl and top with fresh scallions before serving.
- If desired, you can add a garlic oil into your chicken noodle soup. To make garlic oil, cook garlic and oil on low heat over stove until the garlic turns a golden brown. Pour garlic and oil on top of soup bowl, and stir briefly into the broth.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.