This chiffon cake has a fluffy texture and is make with pandan paste which gives the cake flavor and a beautiful green color on the inside.
My parents enjoy desserts but they are pretty picky about the ones they like. Almost everything is too sweet. When I first made a pandan chiffon cake, I knew it was a winner and that my parents would enjoy it. So when I went home this past Memorial weekend, I made sure to bake them one.
Since my first pandan chiffon cake, I’ve made some other chiffon cakes and read up more on baking a chiffon cake. My first cake had some portions that didn’t rise perfectly. This time my cake came out perfectly. I think it helped that I made sure my egg whites were completely blended in my batter (no white streaks, but I was also careful not to overmix). I also made sure the oven had already reached the correct temperature before putting the cake in. And I made sure not to overbake the cake.
The result was the best chiffon cake I’ve made to date. It came out perfectly fluffy and high. It slid out of the cake pan pretty easily.
If you like chiffon cakes, you might like my Vanilla Chiffon Cake, too.
Pandan Chiffon Cake
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 Tbp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. pandan paste
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Combine (A) in a bowl. Stir well to blend. Add (B). Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat (C) (egg whites and cream of tartar) in a separate bowl until moist peaks formed. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff and shiny peaks are formed. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture, fold to mix and then add the rest of the egg whites. Fold gently but thoroughly, so no white streaks remain. Turn batter into ungreased 10" tube pan.
- Bake for 60 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert cake and cool completely in pan. Make sure oven has reached 350 F before putting cake in oven. When cool, loosen the edges and shake pan to remove cake.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.