- 2 cups frozen edamame beans (frozen green soybeans) cooked according to package instructions
- 8 oz sugar snap peas ends trimmed
- 3 small red radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 a watermelon radish thinly sliced and then cut each slice into quarters (to resembles triangle slices of watermelon)
- 1 small carrot thinly sliced and cut into small strips
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
For the Sesame Dressing
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar see note
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
In a small bowl, add all sesame dressing ingredients. Whisk vigorously until completely mixed and uniform.
In a separate small bowl, add the radishes. Add a few tablespoons of dressing until radishes are just covered, so that they soak in the dressing for a few minutes.
Blanch sugar snap peas for about 1-2 minutes (until they are just turning tender but still very crisp) and then immediately place into an ice bath. Slice sugar snap peas diagonally. I sliced smaller ones in two and longer ones into thirds.
Add sugar snap peas, edamame, carrots, radishes (removed from dressing) into a large salad bowl. Pour dressing on top. You may not need all of the dressing. I recommend starting with half, toss it into the salad, and then add more as needed. I had about 1/4 left over when I was done.
Seasoned rice vinegar is light brown in color and has a more mellow and sweeter flavor than regular rice vinegar. If you only have regular rice vinegar I suggest you reduce the quantity used.
Edamame Snap Pea Salad with Sesame Dressing
Amount Per Serving (0.25 of recipe)
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.7g11%
Polyunsaturated Fat 5.9g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Vitamin A 450IU9%
Vitamin C 69.3mg84%
Net Carbs 10g20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.