- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 of an onion finely chopped
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef or ground Italian sausage
- 1 lb spaghetti broken in half
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 1/4 cups water
- basil for garnish
Set your Instant Pot to sauté function. Add ground beef/sausage, garlic and onions into your pot. Once the pot bottom is heated, begin to sauté your meat, garlic and onions. Cook until everything is completely cooked. Cancel sauté function and drain excess oil from pot.
Add broken spaghetti, Italian seasoning crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water to your pot. Stir spaghetti a few times so they are not all clumped together and make sure spaghetti is completely submerged in liquid. Seal your Instant Pot. Set it to manual mode, high pressure, 5 minutes cooking time.
When Instant Pot beeps to indicate it is done, do a manual quick release. Open lid when it is safe to do so. At first, it may appear that your pasta sauce has too much liquid, but if you stir the spaghetti a few times with the lid open, the liquid will evaporate and your sauce will thicken. Scoop out spaghetti. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, parmesan cheese, fresh ground pepper or anything else you desire.
- I use the Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker* (6 quart version).
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Instant Pot Spaghetti
Amount Per Serving (0.13 of recipe)
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.6g4%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.6g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g
Vitamin A 100IU2%
Vitamin C 18.2mg22%
Net Carbs 49g98%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.