- 1 (15.25-oz) box of yellow cake mix (see note)
- 4 cups of fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar (see note)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter cut into 1/2 inch chunks
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Add 3 cups of blueberries to the pan, spreading evenly across. Sprinkle cornstarch evenly across. Sprinkle sugar evenly across.
Sprinkle cake mix on top of blueberries, trying to spread evenly across. Spread butter chunks evenly on top. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of blueberries on top.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until cake mix is golden brown and no raw cake mix remains. Let cake cool for about 30 minutes before serving and eating.
- You will only use the dry cake mix itself. Try to stay away from the bigger boxes of cake mix otherwise you may need more filling so all your cake mix cooks.
- You can also use a from-scratch cake mix recipe.
- If you prefer your desserts less sweet, you can also reduce the amount of cake mix to 1/2 or 2/3 if you don't mind having leftover cake mix.
- You can reduce the amount of sugar if you have really sweet berries.