- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries chopped (see note)
- 1 cup strawberries and cream chocolate chopped (see note)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cornstarch and baking powder. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients until dough is formed. Add chopped freeze-dried berries and mix into the dough on low speed until incorporated. Add chopped chocolate and mix on low speed until incorporated.
Roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and place onto ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart. Press down with your palm to flatten dough so that they form round discs. Make sure edges are not cracked. If they crack from the pressure of pressing down on them, smooth the round edges with your finger.
Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are set and starting to slightly turn golden brown around the edges. Be careful not to overcook the cookies otherwise they will lose their creamy white color and the strawberries will get too dark.
- For the strawberries, I used freeze-dried strawberries I picked up at Trader Joe's. I find them easier to work with when baking. Fresh strawberries retain too much water and also make the cookies go moldy quite quickly.
- For the chocolate, I used Lindt's strawberries and cream flavored chocolate which is a white chocolate bar with little crunchy strawberry bits inside.