- 2 lbs of chicken party wings
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp black vinegar
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- white sesame seeds optional, for garnish
- chopped parsley optional, for garnish
Mix all marinade ingredients into a bowl. Add raw chicken wings to a large ziploc bag and pour in the sauce. Let wings sit in the marinade for at least 1 hour. Heat grill (or oven) to 400°F and remove wings from bag, reserving marinade.
Cook wings until skin is crispy, checking on them every few minutes and flipping as necessary so they don't burn or stick to the grill. It will take about 30-40 minutes.
When wings are almost done, pour marinade into a small pot on stove and bring to a boil. Dissolve cornstarch in water and add in, stirring constantly until glaze bubbles and thickens. Let sauce cool for a few minutes.
Brush finished wings with sauce, and sprinkle white sesame seeds and parsley if using.
How to Bake the Wings
If you don't have a grill, you can make these wings in the oven. Follow the recipe instructions for marinating the wings and these steps to bake them in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the wings in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake them for 40-60 minutes.
- Unlike the grill method, you don't need to flip the wings while they're in the oven. Just bake them until they are golden and crispy.