- 4 tbsp Haagen Dazs all natural vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp cake flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 oreo cookie cream filling removed (so you are left with the two chocolate wafers)
Add ice cream to a microwave safe mug. Heat for about 20 seconds in microwave, until ice cream is mostly or fully melted. Add in cake flour and baking powder. Stir with a small/mini whisk until batter is smooth.
Crush the chocolate wafers between your fingers, into the cake batter, reserving about 1/2 of 1 wafer. Mix crushed cookies into the batter. Crush remaining 1/2 wafer over the surface of the cake batter.
Cook cake in microwave for approximately 50 seconds to 1 minute. Cake is best consumed right away, while still warm.
- While you don't have to use Haagen Dazs ice cream make sure you use a full-fat ice cream that contains eggs in the ingredients for this recipe to work. I've made this cake with the all natural vanilla flavor (220 calories for 1/2 cup serving) and the "five" vanilla bean flavor (220 calories for 1/2 cup serving)
- Make sure you use cake flour and not all purpose flour. If you don't have cake flour you can always make your own with all-purpose and cornstarch. There are several resources online that will provide you with the substitute needed to make your own cake flour.
- This makes one small, single serving cake. It will rise a little more than halfway in an 8 oz mug, so it's about the size of an unfrosted cupcake. I cooked mine in an 8 oz mug and then plated it in a kid's mug so that you could properly see the cake.
- Because of the reduced fat content, this cake is best consumed while still warm. If it is allowed to sit for an hour or more, it will start to dry out.