- 4 thick slices of Texas style toast but do not toast it, sliced into triangle halves
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (see note)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs I prefer Kikkoman
- 4 tbsp of Nutella spread optional
- syrup for dipping
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream and honey. In another bowl, pour in breadcrumbs.
If you are stuffing your toast, carefully make an incision along the longest side of your triangle. The using a spatula, spread 1/2 tbsp of Nutella. Repeat with all slices.
Take a triangle piece of bread and dip both sides in egg batter. Then roll it into the breadcrumbs until both sides are evenly covered in breadcrumbs. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bread.
Bake for about 22-25 minutes, flipping over with 10 minutes remaining, until both sides are crunchy and golden and egg custard is fully cooked. Careful not to cook too long or your Nutella will completely dry out. Serve with fresh fruit and syrup.
- You can also use whole milk but the batter won't be as rich. If you use whole milk, reduce the amount to 2/3 cup.
- The nutrition estimate does not include the syrup.