- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp milk can substitute with almond milk
- 1 tbsp superfine almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour do not substitute with almond flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp low sugar tomato sauce optional
- 6-8 mini pepperoni
In a large and wide (about 4 inches wide) microwave safe mug, add butter, egg, milk, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder. Whisk until batter is smooth. Stir in Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
Cook in microwave at full power for about 90 seconds, or until bread is cooked.
Spread tomato sauce (if using) over surface of bread. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sauce. Place mini pepperoni on top of cheese. Cook for an additional 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Enjoy while warm.
- Do not substitute coconut flour with almond flour. The recipe needs coconut flour to work. Coconut flour is highly absorbent and will absorb a lot of the liquid in the batter, which then helps form the bread.
- I cooked this bread in a 4-inch wide mug. The bread pulls away from the sides of the mug when it's finished cooking. I then plated it into a 3.5-inch wide ramekin.
Microwave Pizza Bread (Low Carb, Keto)
Amount Per Serving (1 pizza bread)
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12.5g78%
Trans Fat 0.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.7g
Monounsaturated Fat 7.1g
Vitamin A 750IU15%
Vitamin C 1.7mg2%
Net Carbs 6g12%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.